How The Twelve Step Philosophy Strengthens Recovery
The idea of 12 step addiction treatment programs started with Alcoholic Anonymous; a program designed to support addicts while recovering from addiction to alcohol abuse. The program is free and can be accessed by anyone struggling with addiction and wishes to live a sober life.
Participants of the program are encouraged to work through the each of the steps in order to maintain sobriety, attain a spiritual awakening and also share what they’ve learned with others struggling with addiction. If you’re ready to regain your life from addiction, that’s possible with the help of a New Jersey 12 step drug rehab program.
A twelve-step addiction treatment program focuses on fellowship and a sense of community. Our New Jersey 12 step drug rehab offers group therapy sessions that encourage participation between all of the group members. At Garden State Treatment Center, clients foster healthy relationships with each other as they learn to live a life free from the bondage of substance abuse.
New Jersey Addiction Recovery Program Options
Alcoholics Anonymous focuses on personal accountability, abstinence, humility, powerlessness over addiction, honesty, and connection with a higher power. The 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous include the following:
- Admitting being powerless over alcohol to the extent that the addict’s life has become unmanageable.
- Believing that there’s a Power greater than the addict’s power which can restore the addict to sanity.
- Deciding to turn the addict’s will and lives over to God’s care as He is understood.
- Searching for and taking a moral inventory of one’s life.
- Admitting to God, to one’s self and to other human being the exact nature of one’s wrongs.
- Being ready to allow God to remove all character defects.
- Asking God to remove one’s shortcomings.
- Making a list of persons that had been harmed and being willing to make amends.
- Making direct amends to those people wherever possible.
- Continuously taking personal inventory.
- Seeking through prayer and meditation to improve one’s conscious relationship with God as He is understood.
- Having experienced a spiritual awakening via these steps, carrying this message to alcoholics and practicing the principles in all areas of one’s life.
Take Your First Step To Authentic Relief At Garden State Treatment Center
Begin your journey to sobriety today at our solution-focused 12 step addiction treatment center in New Jersey. Being in the support of others going through the same challenges is the best way to lift yourself up during the addiction treatment process. Contact one of our specialists to learn more about how we can help you live a happier and fulfilled life. We’re here to guide you or a loved one to recovery every step of the way.